Woodruff Electric Youth Events for High School Juniors
Win a Trip of a Lifetime!
If you apply for the 2023 Youth Tour to Washington, you might be chosen for the week-long trip to Washington. The trip, which is sponsored by the Electric Cooperatives of Arkansas, includes tours of major sites in Washington, such as the:
- U.S. Capitol
- White House
- Museums of the Smithsonian Institution
- Jefferson, Lincoln, Vietnam, Korean and World War II memorials
This spring, Woodruff Electric Cooperative will select 2 high school juniors to attend the 2023 tour, which is set for June 16 to 22.
- The winners will be selected by an essay contest
- Applicants must be high school juniors attending one of the 18 high schools in Woodruff Electric’s area of service
Once in Washington, the students will join about 1,800 students from across the nation who are attending the tour.
Why do we do this? The answer is simple. Woodruff Electric Cooperative is committed to its members and to the communities it serves. Through the Youth Tour, we are helping Arkansas’ youth learn more about the workings of their nation’s government and the electric cooperatives, as well as develop leadership skills.
To learn more about Youth Tour:
- Visit Arkansas Electric’s Youth Tour
- Watch the Arkansas Electric Youth Tour Video
- Visit NRECA’s Youth Programs
Don’t miss out on this incredible, life-changing opportunity.
Rules & Application
- Application deadline was March 20, 2023.
Winners will be announced in April of 2023.