Comprehensive Home Energy Saving Solutions (C.H.E.S.S.)
- Each appointment begins with a thorough energy efficiency inspection; from the attic to the crawlspace, a certified technician will identify key factors in your energy use.
- Certain issues can be addressed immediately through the program. Common improvements made are duct sealing, air sealing, A/C cleaning, water heater adjustments and attic insulation adjustments.
- Once these issues are finalized, the technician will present a written report of the homes energy usage with key findings, a list of improvements that were made and suggestions to further increase the efficiency of your home.
- Before leaving your home the technician will provide a package of energy efficient products valued at more than $40 for your home, including LED bulbs, LED night-lights, an advanced power strip and more.
- Duct leakage into your attic or crawlspace is more common than you might think.
- Small gaps in your ducts connections, as well as holes or more severe issues could be siphoning conditioned air out of your home. This leads to higher utility bills and uncomfortable rooms.
- Duct sealing helps keep more of that comfortable air inside your home.
- Sometimes seemingly insignificant cracks, holes and gaps in your home could add up to the size of a window, one that stays open year-round!
- An experienced technician knows where to look for these issues and will reduce the amount of air leaking in and out of the home.
- A dirty cooling system can struggle to move air and cool your home.
- A technician will clean the accessible components of your unit to improve its function.
Water Heater Adjustments
- Check and adjust temperature.
- Insulate pipes.
Attic Insulation Adjustments
- Fill in spots with extremely low insulation levels.
- Address issues with attic doors or attic fans.
Energy Efficient Product Package
- LED light bulbs and night-lights use much less energy and last ; longer than traditional bulbs.
- Advanced power strip help eliminate standby power of certain devices.
- Water saving shower heads and faucet aerators help reduce hot water usage, saving money on both electricity and water.
For more information, check out the C.H.E.S.S. Brochure (PDF) or email us to see if you qualify for the C.H.E.S.S. program.